RC IR booster

speed

cabinet.

I'd be curious to know if you could achieve the same result using a set of lenses and tiny, well-positioned (hot?) mirrors.

Otherwise, if you're talking about simple regeneration, yes, this would work.

-Le Chaud Lapin-

Reply to
Le Chaud Lapin

into

speed

cabinet.

Easily purchased off-the-shelf.

...Jim Thompson

Sounds simple, and probably is, but any pitfalls?

I need to feed an IR signal from a typical remote control through woodwork into a box housing multimedia stuff. I was thinking of using a photodiode, high speed opamp with a minimal high pass filter and then output to IR LED inside the cabinet.

BTW, does anyone already sell such a module?

--
Dirk

The Consensus:-
http://www.theconsensus.org
Reply to
Dirk Bruere at Neopax

google: infrared repeater

Reply to
John_H

into

speed

cabinet.

I've seen big boxes, but no simple encapsulated feedthrough.

--
Dirk

The Consensus:-
http://www.theconsensus.org
Reply to
Dirk Bruere at Neopax

Got it!

IR23

Dirk

The Consensus:- The political party for the new millenium

Dirk Bruere at Neopax

Right - "repeater" was the word I was looking for - thanks.

--
Dirk

The Consensus:-
http://www.theconsensus.org