Raspbery Pi as PIC programmer

I use the noppp programmer as PIC programmer.
That one has a parallel port interface, and is 5 V based.
So I made a cable with a buffer for the Raspberry Pi,
could only find a 74HCT08 (quad and gate) and used that as buffer and level
converter.
Should work in most cases,
the Raspberry GPIO port is not 5 V tolerant so...

The jppp18 PIC programmer software I wrote, I rewrote it for the Raspberry Pi,
so it uses GPIO, renamed it jppp18pi :-)

 http://panteltje.com/panteltje/raspberry_pi_noppp/

Interesting is that I now have the assembler on the Pi too.
So I can work on the Pi (it is reasonable fast),
or ssh from any other place in the world to it,
or from the laptop as I do here.

Site Timeline