Quote without comment...

The following webpage left me speachless.

Quotes:

"The Teleportation Tweak is the phenomenal new product from Machina Dynamica. The Teleportation Tweak is an advanced telecommunications technique discovered and developed by Machina Dynamica for upgrading audio systems remotely -- even over very long distances. Machina Dynamica routinely performs the Teleportation Tweak for distances of 1000-4000 miles and has recently performed the Teleportation Tweak for a distance of 10,000 miles.

"The Teleportation Tweak has a profound effect on the sound - clearer, more information, greater frequency extension and more realistic-sounding - and is performed during a phone call to Machina Dynamica. The phone call to Machina Dynamica can be made via landline phone (including cordless phone) or cell phone from any room in the house. ...

"It is not necessary for the system to be ON at the time of the telephone call; however, if A/B comparison of the Teleportation Tweak before and after the call is desired, the customer's audio system should be turned ON and warmed up prior to the call; the customer can thus evaluate favorite tracks before and after the Teleportation Tweak is performed.

"The effects of the Teleportation Tweak are instantaneous and the improvement to sound quality will be audible immediately. The Teleportation Tweak excels in

3-dimensionality, lushness, inner detail and air. Bonus: The picture quality of any video system in the house will also be improved - better color and contrast!
--
Guy Macon
Reply to

I loved the bit about the "intelligent chip".

"The Intelligent Chip is a small Orangecicle orange wafer that, when placed on top of a compact disc player for 2 seconds, upgrades the CD, DVD or SACD being played. The sound of the upgraded disc has more detail and articulation, better dynamics and an absence of digital harshness. Voices are more human-sounding and less synthetic. And the upgrade is permanent."

I've heard of "a fool and his money are soon parted", I think Geoff Kait is trying to push those boundaries.

I mean, I try to explain why the myths are just that to people, but this is way too far fetched even for me. If this kind of stuff looks good to someone, really, dude, they shoot horses for less than this.

--
Linux Registered User # 302622
Reply to

And if you believe very strong in it, you'll lose weight, it will cure all your diseases and you'll win the next lottery :-)

I wonder how many people paid the money.

--
Frank Buss, fb@frank-buss.de
Frank Buss

I'd rather get their "Clever Little Clock"

-- for $199, you get some $5 travel alarm with some real utility, after all. I love their disclaimer, "Machina Dynamica reserves the right to use more than one brand/model to produce Clever Little Clocks, so don't be alarmed if the Clock you receive is not the exact one in the photo. All versions of the Clever Little Clock are sonically equivalent." I guess their local dollar store or Big Lots gets different stock from time to time, eh?

There are plenty of scams out there trying to separate people from their money; Machina Dynamica there is just trying to operate up there with the $10,000 speaker cable guys rather than the $3/minute Miss Cleo types. On the other end of the spectrum you have places such as McKinsey & Company (2005 revenue estimated at $3.8 billion --

daily consulting fees "often far exceed $10,000 per day") who surely THINK they're some sort of "Gods" when it comes to business management, but the actual track record would seem to indicate they're probably not that much better than some guy who ran, say, a gas station profitably for a couple decades.

---Joel

Reply to
Joel Koltner