quick-disconnect headphone connectors

Hi gang, I saw some headphones that have small connectors in-line with each phone so the cable pops apart if it's snagged. I want to modify my Koss Portapros but I haven't found what these little things are called. Quick disconnects just gets me the little clip for phone operators (Plantronics thingy). They are also pretty small and color-coded. Any ideas?

Reply to
a7yvm109gf5d1

How about the mini-usb connectors?

Martin Riddle

Too much retention I'd think. My head is the size of a pumpkin but even that doesn't hold the headphones tight enough I'd say.

Reply to
a7yvm109gf5d1

This?

_

:

That doesn't exactly sound like the same thing, but it looks like a good idea. The problem with plugs at the sides of a notebook is you have less control over what might push against the plug. This is especially true if you use it anwhere other than a table or desk. I saw one Dell where the USB plug got sideways pressure on it and the 5V supply got shorted, causing a metaldown. Now my understanding was the port is current limited, but I was told some boxes don't limit each port individually. So you think you are getting 0.5A limit, but a 4 port box might put out 2A

Reply to
miso

Same idea, other end of the cable. Tell you the truth, I want to splice my Nokia's earbud/mic cable to my Portapros. Then I'd get decent sound and take calls too. (Yeah all the ladies calling me natch) I'll dig some more.

Reply to
a7yvm109gf5d1