Purpose of cap from power to ground

I have very hard times finding stuff in mouser. I am actually building an order there, right now, centering around a 19 pin Amphenol plug for the welding foot pedal. Finding common stuff like caps etc, is a big pain to me. Maybe I am missing some secret.

For example, I could not find that digikey item P993-ND in mouser, using manufacturer's item number or its variations.

Yes, I agree with that.

Ignoramus26745

As John says, the paper catalog is easier to browse (true for all the big distributors).

But you shouldn't expect to find the same manufacturers at both Digikey and Mouser. They carry different product lines. For commodity items like capacitors, though, both have everything you need.

You can also phone them and talk to the sales reps. They're quite helpful, and willing to talk to you even for small orders. Both of these companies got their start working with hobbyists.

Reply to
Walter Harley

A couple of years ago, I filled out the registration on

, and a few weeks later, a salesman called me, coincidentally just when I needed to order some parts for a project. The guy opened an account for me on the phone! I ordered about a couple of hundred bucks' worth of stuff, and they shipped it and sent me a bill about three weeks later.

I was pleased. :-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise