PSpice--Monte Carlo Delay?

I need to use an analog delay that has a tolerance so that the delay varies during a Monte Carlo simulation.

TLine would be a great part but it doesn't have a tolerance parameter.

An all-pass network can't be used for the delay because it doesn't have a linear phase response and the signal is complex.

Can TLine or something like it be made to use a tolerance that Monte Carlo can operate on? Any other suggestions?

Reply to
Bob Penoyer

Yes. Use SuperSpice:-)

SuperSpice allows MC and parameter sweeps on TLines. There are some examples in the example folder.

Kevin Aylward snipped-for-privacy@anasoft.co.uk

SuperSpice, a very affordable Mixed-Mode Windows Simulator with Schematic Capture, Waveform Display, FFT's and Filter Design.

Reply to
Kevin Aylward

I don't Monte Carlo, since chip components are ratiometric, requiring different means to test for worst-case.

BUT, couldn't you simply parameterize TD?

...Jim Thompson

Yes. Can I used Monte Carlo with a parameterized value? How?

Reply to
Bob Penoyer

See PSpice Reference Guide (v10.3), pp 47...50

...Jim Thompson

When I was doing this, we were given the process distributions (including tracking) to use in the simulations. We also used end- point distributions to converge on the "worst-case" more quickly. Discretes were another issue though.

--
  Keith
Reply to