Trouble with PSPice MC analysis

Hallo,

I want to have a delay line with tolerances. Idid it like this:

T_T1 N00188 0 OUT 0 T1_DELAY .MODEL T1_DELAY TRN(Z0=50 TD=50n DEV/UNIFORM 10n)

These are my two netlist lines representing my line. There are no errors during netlisting and simulation, everything works fine. But the DEV doesn't seem to have any effect on the TD parameter, all runs end up with exactly 50n.

1) Why does it not work this way, is there another way? 2) Are there model parameters where a tolerance specification is not applicable? 3) Can I use a tolerance specification outside a .MODEL defintion at all? I want to apply tolerance specifications into sources, is this feasible?
--
Regards

Oliver Friedrich
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Oliver Friedrich

What do you have in your .MC statement?

...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Oliver, What version are you using. You will find that tolerance definitions are NOT universal, i.e. they don't work on everything, just some things. I am 99.9999% sure that tline length is not one of the things that accept tolerances. You will need to do some sort of parametric analysis to study length variances.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Edmondson