PSpice Logic Levels

Along the lines of the question regarding LTspice logic levels...

PSpice has a number of nice digital stimulus "parts", but they kick out _very_fast_ edges at 0-5V logic levels when connected to analog parts.

So, in this past week, I have created some stimulus-level-to-analog parts with adjustable levels and rise and fall.

Likewise analog back to 5V logic.

That way I can patch in 74HC stuff just for behavioral analysis... speeds things up before I go full device-level in the chip design.

Any PSpice users that are interested, I'll send you copies for your symbol libraries... PSpice Schematics only... Capture sucks the big lemon ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Can't you set trise and tfall as one can in LTSpice? I just didn't know where but one kind reader and Helmut explained it.

I wish the behaviorals could have Rdson in there. But I guess one can't have everything in life. Well, at least my flu is gone except for a hacking cough so I'm happy.

So what's your favorite schematic entry tool du jour? Meantime I kicked the tires on some of them. Big ones like Bartels BAE, small ones like TinyCad etc., but wasn't too enthused. Then again the BAE is probably more geared towards chip designers and high-density digital.

If Eagle offered a hierarchical sheet structure I'd say. But it doesn't :-(

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

I think they were talking of _sources_. I'm talking of interfaces between digital and analog, so that the extensive _stimulus_ tools can be used at the device level.

Ancient, but VERY user-friendly, PSpice Schematics does hierarchical designs far better than OrCAD Capture.

...Jim Thompson

     It\'s what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

OrCad SDT was very good. I am more and more tempted to go back to that. None of the "new and improved" high-faluting Windows CAD packages has ever reached its robustness.

But I want to change only one more time because every time you switch it's new libraries, new schematic file formats, new everything.