Prototype with QLP housing

Hello,

At the moment I am working on a prototype board with a QLP chip (almost the same as QFN housing). I want to make the prototype myself. Can someone tell me if I should be able to solder the QLP chip (CC2500) with solder paste and a smd rework solder station? What is important in choosing the right rework station? Which nozzle can use for this chip? All the help is appreciated.

Kind regards, Mark

Reply to
markbng

I solder QFN packages with normal solder, flux and a very small soldering tip. On QFN the pins are also exposed on the sides of the package. I use this to heat both pins and PCB pads. Make sure the pads extend far enough from the package. On my design the pads on the PCB where too short which makes soldering more difficult than necessary.

--
Reply to nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Nico Coesel