Pocket Oscilloscopes

Anybody producing a pocket scope besides velleman? PPS10 is attractive, but 64x128 is a drag. I frequently need to troubleshoot audio sigals in the field desired bandwidth dc to 2 mhz. I'd settle for dc to 500khz.

No, usb need not apply, dont always want to drag the laptop out.

Steve roberts

Reply to
osr

snipped-for-privacy@uakron.edu sez:

IMHO, the "pocket" scopes aren't very reliable. Had a Fluke one that started to have its display draw black lines permanently on it.

Don't know anything about this, but saw this page today:

Give us feedback, whatever you decide to buy...

Dave

--
DaveC
me@bogusdomain.net

At the last place I worked I needed a small portable battery powered scope often. I tried a few of the VOM type scopes and gave up as they all were less than I wanted.

I ended up getting a Tektronics THS series. I think it was a THS730A but you might want to check the THS720 or THS710 as it is only 100Mhz for the 720 and 60 for the 710. I bit pricey I know, but nicer than a VOM style by a long shot.

Hawker

On 3/7/2007 6:09 PM, The digits of snipped-for-privacy@uakron.edu's hands composed the following:

Reply to
Hawker

How big is your pocket? Are you planning to shoplift a scope?

Reply to
maxfoo

Hawker wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net:

Support for those THS7xx scopes is going to be a problem.

Sadly,TEK is no longer the company that it used to be in regards to service and support.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik