Please stop releasing new components!

On Wed, 31 May 2006 23:59:53 -0400, Mike Monett Gave us:

I think you misspelled "blow 'em to hell and back..." :-]

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

Leaving a small, but mysteriously non-radioactive crater...

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Edmondson

Hello Roy,

I didn't want to design it. It was more out of a scare when I slipped on the roof after the umpteenth repair because of all the moss up there. Of course I was roped up in proper fall gear but it was still quite a sobering experience. Feels like zero-gravity for a second.

The other problem was that on occasion a tile would crack. Replacing such tiles was sometimes more work that whipping up that pre-amp.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

Hallo Jim,

Ah, these:

Looks like if you'd push it a bit into grid current you could sqeeze out more than 15W per tube. IIRC I pushed almost all my amps into grid current, usually after disecting a worn tube and looking at how beefy the grid wires were.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

Hello John,

That's similar to the ECC88. I liked those as well but they were a little harder to come by. We had regular "bulk waste days" where people could dispose of their TVs and other appliances. These were my field days and I'd clock 10 miles or more on the bicycle, screwdriver in hand.

Soon after the first UHF tuners showed up and in Europe they were transistorized earlier than in the rest of the world. The two AF139 in there were a hot commodity but very tough to pry out.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

Hello John,

The Fairchild spec says 50pF max for the 2N7002 but yes, it is a bit lower than the BSS123. I wouldn't count on Rdson this low, I found it higher in both of them even with 10V drive.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

I make one gadget that uses two 2N7002's in parallel, driving a transmission-line step-up transformer. I drive the mosfet gates with a gaasfet.

John

Hello John,

With a GaAsFET? Wow. This probably isn't the typical high-volume Walmart product...

If you need to drive something in a snappy fashion try out the BFS17A. It's an old device but for around eight cents a pop it is a great deal.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

The way I understand it, the ECC81, 82 and 83 are the same tube as the

12AT7, U7, and X7, but not necessarily in that order. ECCxx is just the right-pondian number. :-)

(now that I think back, I'm sure I've seen somewhere a designator, "12AX7 (ECC83)" or something much like that.)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise