Please stop releasing new components!

Hello Jim,

Would have been one heck of a car. And a cop magnet, probably.

With rectifier tubes? :-)))

Anyway, if you want to reminisce:

Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

Nah! He was going to run it at Firebird.

Duane was quite the driver. He's the son for which I purchased lessons at Bondurant School of High Performance Driving when he was

  1. He got rear-ended by a dump truck a few years ago in the Broadway Curve. Spun him out, recovered nicely, missing all the traffic around him and simply straightened out and stopped in the emergency lane. A cop saw the whole thing and was raving over his driving ability.

D'oh! 2A3'a are TRIODES ;-)

3A2's are RECTUMFRIERS ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Both have RdsOn around 1.2 ohms, but Cg is 20 pF for the 2N7002 and 73 pF for the BSS123. Soooo-eeeee!

John

6DJ8. The frame-grids crushed everything else for Gm/Cp. I was a speed freak even when I was a kid.

John

Very rich folks:

John

Hmm... Guess not. But there's a pretty mean filament inside that thing:

Regards,

Mike Monett

Reply to
Mike Monett

On Tue, 30 May 2006 15:10:06 +0200, "Deefoo" Gave us:

Information overload.

You got to roll with the punches.

Get brand centric, unless otherwise required.

Stick with IR, or Thompson, or Motorola for whichever application you have known them to be the best at or the best value for the circuit requisite in question.

Unless you are making M number of pieces, you aren't going to be saving huge amounts anyway.

There are specialty makers all over the place.

Zetek makes some REALLY good transistors for SMD applications.

If anything can handle the plethora of parts out there, your computer, and the human mind can.

You need to organize your computer for keeping all these data sheets, and sources. Then, you need to organize your mind so that you can make selections quickly and efficiently, and get your time to market number down considerably as it relates to your end of it all.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

On 30 May 2006 06:32:31 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@sympatico.ca Gave us:

As power sources, like batteries, and the devices themselves get smaller and smaller as well.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

On 30 May 2006 13:46:31 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@spamnuke.ludd.luthdelete.se.invalid Gave us:

I read EE Times, and other publications. When I see something that I think has a really neat function or notable improvement over a current device, I tag it (fold corner on magazine), or DL the data sheet on it. Then I refer to *that* directory on my own system when I see an application and think "I remember seeing the perfect part for this task...".

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

On Tue, 30 May 2006 18:28:45 GMT, Rich Grise Gave us:

Yer a bleedin' idiot.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

On Tue, 30 May 2006 11:57:15 -0700, John Larkin Gave us:

next

Asynchronous process clocking, and CML are the future of power consumption reduction.

As batteries get better, and these technologies get adopted, life improves.

I still remember looking at Dick Tracy's watch/radio in the comics as a kid. It will not be long before I have one... with GPS, etc., etc.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

Only $350,000? Piffle. I bet we could double it.

A pair of 8974's would probably do for starters:

Regards,

Mike Monett

Reply to
Mike Monett

On Tue, 30 May 2006 19:04:35 -0500, "Tim Williams" Gave us:

Oh NO! It's the BLUE MEANIES!

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

On Tue, 30 May 2006 17:05:20 -0700, Jim Thompson Gave us:

Audiophile tube amps still have quite a calling.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

On Tue, 30 May 2006 17:50:49 -0700, John Larkin Gave us:

Hahahhahaa! That's funny... glass sag sensors! Hehehehehehe...

There's that word again...

Slew Rate.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

On Wed, 31 May 2006 20:43:02 GMT, Joerg Gave us:

Interesting application.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

Those big glowing jugs are impressive, but for audio they probably suck. The output transformer is the problem... the effective plate impedances are silly.

John

Slump rate.

John

But that's what separates the men from the boys. For Class AB1, AF Amplifier, the plate runs at 17,500 Volts and 146 Amps. Don't need no steenking output transformer - drive the speakers direcly:) Regards,

Mike Monett

Reply to
Mike Monett

On Wed, 31 May 2006 20:45:05 -0700, John Larkin Gave us:

Slag rate... The rate at which the slag pile at the end of the sluiceways grows. There's gold in them thar hills.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs