Please Recommend A Multimeter

For $200 you could buy enough Harbor Freight multimeters for at least

50 drops, perhaps a hundred if you catch the sales right. ;-)

I have a couple of Fluke 77s, but bought sacrificial HF specials for my toolboxes and garage. I hide the Flukes so they don't sprout legs anymore (after I lost one).

--
  Keith
Reply to

Oh man, And I wanted to take one for a walk! :)

Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5
Reply to
Jamie

Look into his eyes, and you'll see what he's saying. :)

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Jim Stewart hath wroth:

Same link as:

and much shorter.

and same link as:

For formatting of the URL is the same for any listing. Just edit the eBay item number at the end.

Nope. However, I do recall using Non-Linear Systems and Electro Instruments voltmeters, some with rotary stepper switches running a crude sucessive approximation A/D and using multiple rows of NE-2 lamps (not Nixie tubes) for indicators.

Today, I still mentally wait for the chattering of the steppers to subside before taking a reading. Old bad habits never die.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

Rotties sometimes don't look at you while barking. When that happens and their neck hair is up, oh boy ...

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Too bad my utterly ferocious Maltese

Image:Maltese.jpg) was not in the garage at the time. He would have licked the bandit to death.

-Le Chaud Lapin-

Reply to
Le Chaud Lapin

Le Chaud Lapin snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com posted to sci.electronics.design:

At that price range i presume that it is a handheld. I have a Tek that serves me well. If you can realign the zebra connector i (think i) have a 77 you can have. (no box, no case, no probes, just the "holster")

Reply to
JosephKK

David L. Jones snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com posted to sci.electronics.design:

I would like to have a backup, what are you asking for the Protek?

Reply to
JosephKK

:-)

The dog with the most impressive pair of jaws I recently met is an Akita. A water line had busted, the neighbors weren't home, and I had to turn off their water main or their foundation would have gone to pots. That meant passing the "Akita checkpoint". Luckily he was friendly and I knew his name.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

An Akita once bit a friend in the hand, and ripped the flesh from between her thumb and index finger.

With regards to the multimeter, it's settled. After reading everyone else's responses, I realized why my Fluke lasted so long. It's worth it.

And I realized that I should not be worried too much by $200, since I spend that much on stupid stuff each month, and my Fluke last 17 years with only a few scuff marks on the case, so...

I'm getting two DMM's: a Fluke 77 and one of the one's recommended here, only this time I will refrain from using the Fluke in the garage.

Thanks to all.

-Le Chaud Lapin-

Reply to
Le Chaud Lapin