Place to get cheap parts for power supply

I need to get those connectors used in a bench supply... I'm not sure what there called but I think it has something to do with a bannana ;) Radio shack wants about 3$ for 2 connectors and another 3$ for 2 jacks... since I need about 8 pairs each thats about 2*8*3 = 48$ just for the damn connectors... knowing that radio shack runs anywhere from 100% to 1000% overpriced surely there is a better place to get these...(I recently brought a varistor there for 3$ that I found online for .7$...) I can't find them on mouser, all electronics, or jamco.

Thanks, Jon

Reply to
Abstract Dissonance

They are called banana plugs - check out

- I just took a quick look but looks much cheaper.

Dan

--
Dan Hollands
1120 S Creek Dr

Try

search for banana plug - they have 18 pages of various styles

Dan

--
Dan Hollands
1120 S Creek Dr

I have some Bananna Jacks for sale, Red or Black at $0.25 each, Plus Postage. Sorry no Plugs, or none that I want to sell.

Look under "Misc". It only shows Red ones but I do have some black also.

Reply to
chemelec

Look for Banana Plugs (they go on the cables). You can also get Banana Jacks to mount on a panel, but you are more likely looking for Binding Posts, which will accept banana plugs or bare wire, and have a plastic nut to clamp down on the wire. Digikey shows binding posts on the same page as banana plugs.

--
Peter Bennett, VE7CEI
peterbb4 (at) interchange.ubc.ca

I can't imagine paying $3-4 for a screw with a plastic cap on the top of it(which is what it seems to boil down to) ;/ I guess I'll have to rig something up or look for something that will substitute for it else I'll be paying about 50$-100$ just for connectors when the all the electronics only cost about 15$... doesn't make much sense.

Thanks, Jon

Reply to
Abstract Dissonance

looks like digitech sucks ass? looks like its just another radio shack to me? am I missing something? Are those post here

made of gold or something?

Jon

Reply to
Abstract Dissonance

Also called 4mm plug / socket. They aren't expensive from the right sources.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

Look at these sources. I think you'll be much happier with the prices...

Cheers!!!!!

--
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net  (Just substitute the appropriate characters in

DaveM