pipeline ADC missing codes

No. I tried some experiments with the driving circuit, looking for oscillations or whatever, and only managed to make the missing codes a little worse.

We'll live with the box's specified jitter for now, but I want it to be much better. The fix may be to spin the board and use a different ADC.

Yikes. "Here there be dragons."

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Revise the schematic and layout. Roll the rev letter.

Reply to
jlarkin

We have done this same dpll many times, but not with this ADC.

Maybe I can hack a quickie adapter board, to try a different ADC. That's a lot easier than revving a 10-layer board with about 1000 parts.

Reply to
jlarkin
[mega snip]

Following your OP I did have a look at the TI data sheet, and couldn't see anything obvious that would cause it.

We use a similar part from AD, the AD9649, running at 57.6 MHz. No problems so far, the sort of missing codes you describe would completely break our measurement. Whether you can buy any at the moment is a different matter :)

Reply to
Rhydian