PIC16484A

Could someone please tell me in what languages can i conveniently program PIC microcontrollers.Is it C or assembly.Does anyone have the Ebook on PIC by Mike Predko..lastly which microcontroller is easier to learn and which is more powerful btw PIC and ATMEL.

Reply to
dilip.devaraj

What does it say on the microchip site?

September has come early this year

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

1) there is no PIC16484 2) which language do you want to learn, C or assembly 3) You can buy Mikes books here:
4) see 2 above, then pick one 5) this is going to start a religous battle. i use both, depending on the project.
Reply to
Donald

I've only used PICs; I like them compared to the Intel 8051 stuff. I don't know about Atmel and I only program PICs in assembler.

Have a nice day, Luhan

Reply to
Luhan

Don't you mean 16F84? There is no 16484. You can program in any language you can find a compiler for. There are C compilers for PICS also BASIC and probably a few other languages. The microchip IDE, free down load uses assembly which will make tighter faster code depening on application, usually about three times more compact than code compiled from C. You will need a programmer which you can make or purchase for a few bucks. Bob

Reply to
Bob Eld

Again sorry for google grouping, explanation in another post.

Could you point me at some plans or a cheap programmer? The PICs themselves are inexpencive but all the programmers I have seen have been too expencive.

Edward

Bob Eld wrote:

Reply to
futrtrubl

you

will

Epic has a PIC programmer for $59. I'm not recommending it, do a search, You'll find all kinds of stuff including plans to make your own. Bob

Reply to
Bob Eld

Have you looked on eBay for a kit?

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

We built the Epic programmer into a production jig and it has been working just fine for years. The code goes into the micro quickly and then performs verification. What more could you need? I've dealt with some pretty expensive, complicated programmers in the past and most of the engineers and production workers end up hating them. I say the simpler the better when it comes to programmers.

Thomas

Reply to
Thomas Magma

thanks a lot regarding the subject on pic and atmel.could someone tell me if i could obtain a free ebook on pic microcontroller

Reply to
dilip.devaraj

You would have had your answer days ago.

Donald

Google is one of the best tools on the Internet. Google is your friend. :-)

Jeff

     safety"
- B. Franklin, Bartlett\'s Familiar Quotations (1919)
Reply to
Jeff Findley

those guys make a decent C compiler for PIC. There is some sort of free version for download too.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Jones

2k code limit and int (numeric) variables only.

- Steve

Reply to
Steve

Reply to