Photo-etch light source?

I meant to say "submerge it in developer..."

The MG Chemicals demo video <

shows that there is a developer solution into which the exposed PCB needs to be developed. They just use a foam brush to brush off the exposed resist. Looks like a pretty quick process.

Are you using NaOH in place of the developer? To supplement the developer? Or are you using it as a wash to remove the unneeded (exposed) resist after development?

And are you using MG Chem. PCBs? (Just want to understand what chems work with what boards...)

A great idea.

Thanks,

--
Al, the usual
Reply to

FWIW- Some people just enjoy the challenge of re-inventing the wheel... Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

I live and work in UK I use what I refer to as standard PCB board (purchased from Rapid Electronics) They have a website catalogue you could check for more details

With these boards NaOH is the developer The unexposed resist can be removed with alcohol (methylated spirits) but since the heat of a soldering iron strips it as you solder that's not really needed and it does protect the board from oxidation prior to soldering Regards sirkituk

sirkituk