[PCB] thermals when pins and pads overlap

I've been placing SMD style pads over a footprints pins, to increase the copper in one direction, as the pins on the package are not cylindrical, but elongated.

It seems I can not place thermals on those. Am I doing something wrong, or is there no way to fix it?

I was using this one:

But added lines, the same width as the outer via diameter, on all three pins. (newlib, graphical editing) On both top and bottom layers.

Reply to
Johann Klammer

That's just the way they work.

Reply to