PCB Layout Designers

"Pre-tested". He sent it directly to me. If you have mingw installed, you can build it from the pcb sources - the scripts are included.

Reply to
DJ Delorie

There is a company with a good product that i tried and liked a long time ago. The company is still around and i am thinking of buying a new copy just to see the upgrades. Yes, my old 286/386 version is still running. Schematic capture and pwb manual / auto routing. us $995 for the current version.

 JosephKK
  --Schiller
Reply to
joseph2k

Please believe me, I am trying not to be a pain/stupid here......

I read around amongst the readme's for gEDA PCB, downloaded cygwin/gtk

+/NSIS installed them all and after some leaps of faith and guessing I managed to get the build going, but it bails out regarding the not being able to find a new enough version of gtk+ (wants greater the 2.4.0), but I downloaded and as far as I can make out from the instruction supplied the latest version.

So having read this reply from you I downloaded mingw, well MSYS, which from the info at the top seemed the right thing to do. Great, its installed, it runs, as I expected it won't build as it stands because there is no way that a 3Mb exe is going to have enough in it. I guess I'm going to need all the gtk libraries again, and the pcg_config, which was also giving me a problem.

Yes, you're right, I'm not a Linux user, I am however a programmer and more than proficient with computers. I tried the mailing list on gEDA site, anything on there about building on Windows is 95% full of people slating Windows and saying, well in my opinion, we'd rather shoot ourselves in the foot than allow Windows users to use gEDA.

Please, is there someone out there who can give me a hand on building this?

If I can get it built, I would even happily upload the finished NSIS for others and in fact if its as good as it looks I'll even keep a regular eye on gEDA releases and build each of the new ones and upload.

Tom

Reply to
Tom

I am not really sure, but i am chasing a similar goal. If i understand correctly cygwin-X which include an xwindows build environment is supposed to make it possible. I have enough problems trying to get it to build in linux. It must be time for me to try again in each environment.

--
 JosephKK
  --Schiller