PC Data Acquisition

.

Plus isolation, and it?s a big plus.

This is related to the ?RF everywhere thread?, since RF is the best iso lation technique.

Current loop means the voltage can be at any level; so, you cannot tie the common ground to either end of the resistor. If you tie the measuring micr o?s ground to one end of the resistor, the micro must be isolated from an y other equipments or PCs.

RF is the best way to get the signal out of the measuring micro. You can R F it to another USB based micro.

Reply to
edward.ming.lee

In the most general case perhaps, but in reality it may well be that one or both ends can be floating, in which case there is no problem. I admit my experience is not that huge in this area, but the ones I have seen work fine when the supplies are common too.

--

John Devereux
Reply to

Yeah well, I wrote a slow scan TV program for windows :)

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

Seconded.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

something many

2000

easy for

failing that,

in the PC

 (dropouts

timestamps are

some

multi-

hardware and

can

in

really

Excel-VBA

And if

:-)

other day.  And the fact that it comes complete with cross-platform drivers and Python bindings makes it pretty seriously nifty.

Well shucks, NI has to do something with all those support dollars.

?-(

Reply to
josephkk

Do you mean glitzy substandard?