Paying at the Gas Pump

The Gasoline Gang ??

I just had an economics thought... What if gasoline is deliberately priced just slightly before it starts a gas theft crime wave?? In other words, crime sets the gas price.

Too much gas stealing...gas price goes down...Too little gas stealing..gas price goes up..

If the gas price tracks the rate of gas crime then the gas price can be max'd out while keeping gas crime at tolerable levels.

Just a thought... :P

D from BC British Columbia Canada

Reply to
D from BC

That is actually available where i live (Sack of tomatoes)

Reply to
JosephKK

[snip]

I wonder how often this happens to diesel vehicles.

-- Paul Hovnanian mailto: snipped-for-privacy@Hovnanian.com

------------------------------------------------------------------ Disclaimer: This publication is the sole property of monkey #108765 and his typewriter. It does not represent the opinions of any other primate, either alive or dead, or any descendants thereof.

Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

"Paul Hovnanian P.E." wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@hovnanian.com:

Or an icepick.

I was talking to a trucker who says farm vehicles and construction vehicles are getting hit by diesel thieves.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

I started doing that too. Its great. I also quickly stop the flow to clear the filter and pump faster.

greg

Reply to
GregS

Hello, We specialize in the equipment your talking about and I know what you mean. The equipment is slow because they are all custom built devices, mostly 8 bit embedded processors. You can check out the inside boards at our web site

John

Reply to
john

I switched from a debit card to credit card when they started giving me 10% (teaser, now 5%) back. Why use my money when I can use theirs and get paid to do it?

They're not all that bad here. It sometimes takes a while for the CC authorization though. No PINs or signatures to slow me down either. :-(

--
Keith
Reply to

I usually have several hundred in my wallet (about $800, right now). I used to squirrel away $200 or so for an emergency, but I've gotten used to grabbing cash regularly (allowed so many "free" foreign ATM transactions per month) and use less cash so it queues up to be spent. ;-)

--
Keith
Reply to

Custom built?? With 1000's of gas pumps in N. America, how the crap is that a custom build?? Where's the line between 'custom' and mass produced? Is the Pod a custom build?

You make it sound like pump controllers are school projects where each student makes a custom 8 bit system to control a gas pump..

Check out boards?? Only if I can beat them with a gas nozzle. :P