Pattern about improve others' design...

HIi All,

I write a driver that improve the orignal company's design, can I submit pattern ?

Best regards, Boki.

Reply to
Boki

Boki a =E9crit :

It is harder to patent software innovations than it is to patent improvements to hardware.

It is also quite difficult to make money from a software patent, which probably means that you shouldn't even think about making the effort.

The only people who can easily make money from the improvement are the people who sold the hardware. If they had any sense they would be prepared to ffer you money for the improved software, but since they didn't invent it, they won't believe that it is an improvement (search on the not-invented-here syndrome, usually abbreviated to NIH) and are most unlikely to come to the party.

Follow the Linux model and distribute the improved software for free - at least you will then get some fame and reputation for your trouble.

--=20 Bill Sloman, Nijmegen (but in Paris for the next few days)

Reply to
bill.sloman

Hi, Thanks, I agree that hard to make money, and I didn't want to make money by this way also.

The basic reason is my company want me to do that, so I have to consider it. : )

Thank you very much for your information! Best regards, Boki.

Reply to
Boki