passive rc-bandpass with 0dB attenuation in the passband

e:

dB

ations

lter

ne.

n't

.

ive

up

While the standard form of a twin-T filter isn't a band-pass, it's a band-reject, it can have a very high Q. I'm (almost) sure some clever person can find the right combination of terminals to yield a bandpass. Now if you limit your design to ladder networks, the proof might be possible. I have a vague recollection of a proof that you can't have coincident poles in a passive RC ladder network (but I could be wrong about that, it's been a long time...).

Reply to
cassiope

It can have a very deep null, but as a passive network it isn't resonant. If you want a twin-T notch filter to be resonant then you need to use it as part of an active filter.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Tim Wescott