part footprint between 0603 and 0805?

Is there an R and C part size, with its PCB footprint between 0603 and 0805? Maybe a metric dimensioned part?

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Den mandag den 9. januar 2017 kl. 23.44.19 UTC+1 skrev Winfield Hill:

I don't know but I doubt it, gotta ask why?

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

The footprints are guidelines and will dominate fit. Adjustible per your process control.

A 'skinny' body is always available by mounting parts on their side, but not for automated processes, unless specially taped.

RL

Reply to
legg

Whoa!!

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Usually capacitors with significant body thickness...

RL

Reply to
legg

I like the 0306 caps, the ones metalized on the long sides. Great for really fast stuff.

lunatic fringe electronics

Is that green thermal epoxy on the IC's?

Martin Riddle

Yes, it's there to obscure the part numbers. It's rock-hard.

lunatic fringe electronics

I do that a lot in protos. Sure makes the tweezers easier to handle.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Whoa, John, I didn't know you were into secrecy?

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Sometimes. This is a cool and unique product, which uses parts off-label, and it wouldn't be hard to copy. It's not my function to give away product designs for free.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

If you want to obscure the part numbers it is better to grind them off - acetone can often be used to remove hardened epoxy -sitz-bath-...

John

Reply to
John Robertson

This Thermalloy green thermal epoxy is brutal, really hard to remove.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

You often give us the best parts here on s.e.d.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Yeah, but I send John $1/day to keep posting circuits here.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

and really hard to ship across borders in its two-part form.

RL

Reply to
legg

I have employees and bills to pay, and I can't give away the crown jewels. We're really selling IP, not boards and parts.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Maybe Sally Struthers could do a fund raiser.

--sp

--
Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany