paralleling NIMH batteries

I have an idea that requires a large capacity rechargable battery and NiMH seems to fit the bill. I need to charge them quick.

The problem is I'll need 2 or 3 strings of SC or D size cells. From what I can gather connecting to the load is straight forward, but charging will require contrl circuits for each string and relays to connect them.

Any other gotchas with this?

Martin Riddle

not always

this looks good

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

LTC1760 is the topology Im looking at.

Thanks

Reply to
Martin Riddle

I've come to the conclusion that Li-ion is the way to go.

Reply to
Winfield

have you seen the seiko stuff? such as ftp://ftp.sii.co.jp/pub/ic/speed_dt/dt_sht_e/power/S8242_E.pdf

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

Hmm, an 800-cell PowerPack for my Prius would require 400 ICs?

Reply to
Winfield

is that hex or decimal?

martin