Out of range transmitter/receiver

I've been searching this group and found lots of links for transmitter/receivers but couldn't get enough info about what I'm trying to build. How difficult it is to build a range transmitter for my cat so if he goes out of certain range (eg. 100 ft), the receiver starts to beep. It can be attached to collar and receiver could be small enough to fit in pocket.

I've been reading about the RF transmitters. Sorry about my lack of electronics knowledge but I'm really interested in the functionality of such tool. To make it bit more useful, would it be possible to set the range or get the distance/direction of the transmitter.

Any help/directions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Harry.

Reply to
Harry

Totally impossible, it seems, judging by the experience of the UK's probation service.

--

"What is now proved was once only imagin\'d" - William Blake
Reply to

Thanks for the link Phil, that's the kind of this I would like to research about bit more in detail and understand how to to improve the features and quality.

Does anyone know about good links/books/articles to learn about transmitter/receiver?

Thanks, Harry

Reply to
hardeep.ca

** See

Reply to
Phil Allison

** Err - forget it.

Simply not on for home construction.

Wanna try making you own mobile phone too ??

Reply to
Phil Allison