Our R's are computable,but...

There can be more than one solution of the equations are degenerate. e.g., if you actually have less equations than variables. In this case those all the equations are independent.

By using conductances it is a simple linear equation Ax = b which has a solution, if it exists, as x = A^(-1)*b. You can use the generalized inverse to get a least squares approximation(Ax ~= b) if the solution does not exist.

It's possible someone got a sign backwards if they gave the same magnitude.

Reply to
Jeff Johnson

Strange, this was from matlab... I guess it's due to round off errors in the calculation of the inverse(although it seems pretty significant).

Reply to
Jeff Johnson

You are nuts! Sets of many equations with many unknowns is a *mathematical* problem and has absolutely noting to do with noise or accuracy of measurements. Solve this one; x=sqrt(2) where x must be positive.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Negative resistance..yes, many times - especially during the daze of the Esaki Diodes.

Reply to
Robert Baer

I may be a (bi)polarbaer, but it is for a single supply, and the resistors switched in/out with relays (which, naturally, ARE solid state) and the array control the input of a diff amp.

Reply to
Robert Baer

...a strip joint?

Reply to