Our power went out tonight

My wife called me about 5:30 saying the power in our neighborhood was out. This was a bit of a concern because she just loaded 630 pounds of shrimp in one of our freezers earlier in the day. I arrived home a little after 6:00 and a power co. employee was looking over the transformer across the street. At 6:40 he told us the transformer was bad and they would replace it, and we would have power in 2 to 3 hours. I pulled out our generator and plugged in 3 freezers so they would stay cold. We had 5 large trucks lined up in front of my house and shortly before

8:00 the transformer was switched and power was on. All the trucks were gone by 8pm. They did a quick repair. :-) Mikek
Reply to
amdx

And you didn't offer them any shrimp?

Jamie

Reply to
Maynard A. Philbrook Jr.

Are you stocking up or just a reseller?

Martin Riddle

Why 630 pounds ? Did it come from the Gulf of Mexico and you're sqeezing them for an oil additive or something ? Or is it NOT from the Gulf of Mexico and you got the last of the non-petroleum seasoned ones ?

Reply to
jurb6006

Your Wife can lift 630 pounds ? Wow.

Reply to
jurb6006

On a sunny day (Fri, 25 Apr 2014 20:33:24 -0500) it happened amdx wrote in :

Yes, shrimp and transformers, watch where they go.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

They're probably radioactive enough to lift themselves.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

We have a business selling from a boat in a Marina. Yes, about the EMS, our cost is up about $1.50 a pound in the last year. It is hurting us. Customers don't like price increases. Ready for shrimp Burgers?

Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Japan's attempt at a Po'Boy

When the price for a pound of hamburger starts getting close to the shrimp price your business may pick up.

--
Chisolm
Republic of Texas

She's strong like BULL!

Jamie

Reply to
Maynard A. Philbrook Jr.

Strong for 4'10", but stamina is more her thing. btw, I was wrong, it was 630lbs of one size and 860lbs of a different size, so about 1500lbs. She's very good at finding helpers. She is also very protective of my back these days. Mikek

Reply to
amdx

We'll be right down.

Nevermind. ;-)

Reply to
krw

Well, she wields a mean meat clever, but you took that the wrong way :-). I meant, she does everything she can so I don't have to use my back for lifting. Mikek

Reply to
amdx