OT: USB Multimedia Floppy drives

I've seen these combination floppy/media drives built into PCs:

I've also seen external USB 3.5" floppy drives:

Has anyone seen an external, USB powered combo drive? One gizmo I can lug around and read pretty much anything (floppies, CD, CF cards, etc.)

2 + 2 = 5 for extremely large values of 2.
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

I've got several. They're called laptops. But they'll stretch your definition of ONE cause I use flash card adapters that plug into the cardbus slot.

Reply to
mike

I was checking out the hardware snooper on my Dell notebook and noticed the built in SDHC reader is on the PCI bus. I would had bet they used USB, but apparently not. Obviously PCI is faster. I have one of those cardbus to compact flash adapters. Good stuff.

Reply to
miso

That certainly would be faster. But I've used a CF/SD/etc to USB adapter for my purposes and it works OK. I was hoping to find one combo external unit that includes a 3.5" floppy so as not to have to lug a whole pile of adapters around with me.

The race for quality has no finish line  ...
so technically, it's more like a death march.
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.