OT. Unwise behavior

When your in your 50s, you should probably not wrestle with your teenage son. I got a knee in the chest and I think I cracked a rib. Hints; don't breath deeply, don't laugh, and don't get the hickups. If you forget these hints, don't worry, they come back to you real fast. Mike :-)

Reply to
amdx

It's a monumental day when your child is born. It's another monumental day when you realize that the brat has gotten big enough to hurt you.

John

Another monumental day is when the first one leaves the house to go to college. I'll be delivering my daughter to the University of Florida on Friday. Go Gators!! Mike

Reply to
amdx

Go Gators? Wow, there are so many ways of taking that!

As to wrestling with a son (or daughter), this just points out the need to keep in shape!

Reply to
PeterD

I'm in reasonably good shape, I think I had frustrated my son by a couple of moves I made on him. So he got me just after I let him loose and wasn't paying attention. That's my story, and I sticking to it! Mike PS, the wrestling is part of keeping in shape.

Reply to
amdx

Youngsters ;-)

I have a GRANDDAUGHTER beginning her junior year at U of A!

...Jim Thompson

Gourmet Puzzles:

        What part of the fish are the "sticks"?

        Likewise where are the chicken "fingers" located?

It might be a milestone for the kid too.. they're typically going balls-to-the-wall and have to realize that they *can* unintentionally damage a grup.

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

I assume you rather meant "I'll be delivering my daughter and my money" to U of Florida ;-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Oh, and TRY not to sneeze. Been there, done that.

Reply to
WangoTango

Old age and dirty tricks always beats youth and beauty.

Plaese porrf raed befre postng.
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Graduation is even better.

John

lol

Reply to
John Doe

I also clearly remember the day I realized that my daughter could throw a hardball farther than I could. She was eight at the time.

John

It's only been about six weeks since I found out he can run faster than me. But I bet if I practiced for a month or two, I could beat him again (for a short time). Mike PS. I'm not getting old, he's just growing up :-)

Reply to
amdx

BTW, in Japan, the kids used to waste their old folks by throwing them down from a hill. That was a natural process. Nothing in personal.

VLV

Reply to
Vladimir Vassilevsky

Surely only those old folks who were too selfish to do it themselves?

--
Dirk

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

They must have lacked an ice flow to set the old folks on a give a shove. Mike

Reply to
amdx

ge

34 GMT, John Doe wrote:

n me.

=A0 Mike

When my sons were 8 and 9, they told me they were both running the maximum in the "Track Trips" exercise at their school - 9 laps of the playground which works out to a bout 3 miles. I thought 3 miles is about 5k, so we all entered a local 5k road race. At the start, I politely hung back with the ladies and old men, but my boys insisted on worming up to the front line.

About halfway through, I caught up with the older boy, who was walking, waiting for me (yeah, right). He fell along with me, but we didn't see the younger one until the finish, where he complained that he had to wait 5 minutes for us.

Now the younger one is my height, 145 pounds, and a nationally-ranked soccer player for his age. However, I still have 50 pounds on him, so I have nothing to fear.

Reply to
Richard Henry

sage

han me.

r a

=A0 Mike

The legend where I grew up (rural Vermont) was that the old folks would be given a heavy does of intoxicants one night after Winter set in hard, and then, after they passed out, be stacked outside next to the firewood. Those who did not wake in the Spring were given a decent burial.

Reply to
Richard Henry

I doubt it. The likely result would be a slow death from gangrene of the frozen limbs or pnemonia, rather then the immediate fatality.

VLV

Reply to
Vladimir Vassilevsky