OT: The National Debt Solution

But sitting members of Congress would have to pass the law.

--
www.wescottdesign.com
Reply to

THE SOLUTION

Warren Buffett, in a recent interview with CNBC, offers one of the best quotes I've heard in all this drama about the debt ceiling:

"I could end the deficit in 5 minutes," he told CNBC. "You just pass a law that says that anytime there is a deficit of more than 3% of GDP, all sitting members of Congress are ineligible for re-election."

Reply to
Robert Baer

Just like the balanced budget amendment: too many have a vested interest in seeing that nothing is fixed that might damage their pork barrel.

--
I'm never going to grow up.
Reply to

Nah, let them sit all they want; just don't pay them. Also, don't fund their staffs, cut off Our Glorious Beloved Infallible Leader's platoons of czars, and quit funding all those god-damned unelected bureaucrats.

Also, stop ALL foreign aid, and pull back ALL the military so they can defend OUR borders, instead of trying to conquer the Middle East.

Hope This Helps! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

..so write it so "no" means pass.