OT: thanks heavens for air conditioning

message

Warning: Units symbol collision, "L" is already assigned to "Liter". Please consider using "La" or "Lk".

--
JosephKK
--Schiller

8000btu/hr end of

time I

but it

all.

with a room

Luhan, how big is your place and where? My monthly PITI is about US$1200 for 1200 sqft.

--
JosephKK
--Schiller

8000btu/hr end of

( first time I

one but it

at all.

mananage with a room

Not only that, it is big city overinflated land / rent value think. AZ don't have big cities.

20 years ago i lived in a maybe 500 square foot studio costing about $450/Mo in Los Angeles area. Today it probably rents for $900/Mo.
--
JosephKK
--Schiller

end of

time I

but it

all.

with a room

But from my viewpoint you swing and miss considerably more often than not.

--
JosephKK
--Schiller

end

time

all.

Commercial and office buildings use from two to five units, normally not all the same size and localized controls (only heating / cooling occupied areas {sensors} and only to the extent needed; expensive controls but energy savings pay for them rather quickly).

--
JosephKK
--Schiller

Strolling around the roof yesterday, there are two 10-ton ac units, one for production (2nd floor) and one for engineering (3rd floor),

5000 sq foot each. So each floor gets 120,000 btu/hr I think, 24 btu/hr per sq foot.

From the roof, you can see Twin Peaks, the bay and Oakland, The Chocolate Factory, the Car Wash Cafe, Dolby Labs, and three fake lighthouses.

John

room

How about taking some pictures the next time you're up there?

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 05:16:54 GMT, joseph2k wrote in Msg.

Liter is a lowercase l.

robert

Reply to
Robert Latest

of

room

OK, been meaning to do that. We're also considering painting the company logo on the roof big enough for Google Earth to resolve it.

John

[snip]

Taking two granddaughters downtown this morning for their Valley Youth Theatre classes... at the first traffic light from my house was a Lamborghini with the license plate "GOOGLED".

I guess the executives for the new Google facility are living in Ahwatukee Foothills.

...Jim Thompson

end of

it

a room

Put John 3:16 up there and you'll get lots of attention. :)

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

room

What's the deal with the fake lighthouses ?

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Personally, I prefer John 8:32 ;-D

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

of

room

I don't know, but I think we should put one on our building, too, so all four corners have one... led's maybe? But the high-proprity project is to get rid of the pigeons first.

John

end of

it

a room

How about IR position sensors and lasers? ;-)

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Have you ever seen those sweeper things? I've seen them on top of billboards - it's just a vertical-shaft motor, with a very long stick (like a piece of stiff wire) attached horizontally to the shaft, and the motor goes around at maybe a few RPM. It knocks the pigeons off the top of the thing, albeit there is the continuous expenditure of electricity.

Could you find some kind of tarry stuff that they don't like to step in?

Or maybe set them up so they'll nest, then go take their eggs, boil them, and put them back in the nest. >:->

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

I fantasize about a CO2 LIDAR system that would scan a raster on low power, and when it recognizes a mosquito or other flying insect pest, zaps it out of the air. I don't know if that would work with pigeons, though - it would probably just piss them off and they'd divecrap your laser. ;-)

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

To eliminate the pigeons ( as opposed to illuminate the lighthouse )? Very high tech indeed.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Since you Americans are so into them - why not use a gun ?

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

"Eeyore" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@REMOVETHIS.hotmail.com...

Generally not very appreciated within city limits, except in defense (where allowed(!)).

Tim

--
Deep Fryer: a very philosophical monk.
Tim Williams