OT: Supplanting the US Constitution

See:

Robert Baer

Kind of like the Secret session of the US Congress held in March 2008 to discuss imminent financial collapse and imposition of marshall law?

In July 1987, during the Iran-Contra Hearings grilling of Oliver North, the American public got a glimpse of =93highly sensitive=94 emergency planning North had been involved in. Ostensibly these were emergency plans to suspend the American constitution in the event of a nuclear attack (a legitimate concern). But press accounts alleged that the planning was for a more generalized suspension of the constitution.

As part of its routine Iran-contra coverage, the following exchange was printed in the New York Times, but without journalistic comment or follow-up:

[Congressman Jack] Brooks: Colonel North, in your work at the N.S.C. were you not assigned, at one time, to work on plans for the continuity of government in the event of a major disaster?

Both North=92s attorney and Sen. Daniel Inouye, the Democratic Chair of the Committee, responded in a way that showed they were aware of the issue:

Brendan Sullivan [North's counsel, agitatedly]: Mr. Chairman?

[Senator Daniel] Inouye: I believe that question touches upon a highly sensitive and classified area so may I request that you not touch upon that?

Brooks: I was particularly concerned, Mr. Chairman, because I read in Miami papers, and several others, that there had been a plan developed, by that same agency, a contingency plan in the event of emergency, that would suspend the American constitution. And I was deeply concerned about it and wondered if that was an area in which he had worked. I believe that it was and I wanted to get his confirmation.

Inouye: May I most respectfully request that that matter not be touched upon at this stage. If we wish to get into this, I'm certain arrangements can be made for an executive session.

[ more commentary at link ]

Congress Secret Session

Secret Session Of The United States House of Representatives Of Congress

Thursday, March 13, 2008 LAST NIGHTS SESSION WAS ONLY THE FOURTH TIME IN 176 YEARS THAT CONGRESS CLOSED ITS DOORS TO THE PUBLIC Word has begun leaking from last night's special, closed-door session of the United States House of Representatives.

Not only did members discuss new surveillance provisions as was the publicly stated reason for the closed door session, they also discussed:

the imminent collapse of the U.S. economy to occur by September 2008,

the imminent collapse of US federal by February 2009,

the possibility of Civil War inside the USA as a result of the collapse,

advance round-ups of "insurgent U.S. citizens" likely to move against the government,

The detention of those rounded-up at "REX 84" camps constructed throughout the USA,

the possibility of retaliation against members of Congress for the collapses,

the location of "safe facilities" for members of Congress and their families to reside during expected massive civil unrest

the necessary and unavoidable merger of the United States with Canada (for its natural resources) and with Mexico (for its cheap labor pool),

the issuance of a new currency - THE AMERO - for all three nations as the proposed

solution to the coming economic Armageddon.

Members of Congress were FORBIDDEN to reveal what was discussed. Several are so furious and concerned about the future of the country, they have begun leaking info.

Reply to
Greegor

** snip a lot

  • If they were planning that collapse, their schedule is a bit delayed.
  • Ditto.
  • Meaning anybody and almost everybody i think..
  • "unavoidable"??? total fantasy, but WTF, go for as much domination as possible; excuses are cheap.
  • Backed by fantasy i presume..

Reply to
Robert Baer

Small-time thinking.

There's no need to "take over" the US.

Anyone who's ever been in military service knows the adage about how soldiers aren't happy unless they're griping about something.

Know why that is? It's because when they stop griping, it's because they're planning what to do about that something.

As long as Americans are griping, they're that kind of "happy".

Besides, a revolution in America can't last more than three days. The kind of Americans who could make a revolution stick have jobs, and have to get back to work, you see.

Those that don't have jobs can riot, but they can't revolt. They aren't capable of the selflessness and sacrifice a real revolution would require.

Mark L. Fergerson

Reply to
alien8752