OT: sober reading between the lines; less sober analogy

Cursitor Doom knows this because he has read it in reliable news releases f rom the Daily Mail and Russia Today. He "thinks he knows it all, thinks he has the solutions to all the world's problems, thinks he knows better th an everyone else what's best for everyone else; that others' opinions are i nferior and count for nothing" because he believes what he is told, and doe sn't know enough to realise that he is being lied to manipulate him into su pporting a psychopath like Trump (amongst other silly mistakes).

If Cursitor Doom has ever done a " single proper day's work in his entire, pointless life" he has neglected to boast about any of it here.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

:

rth

elf into a better condition, but every previous attempt at this has shown t he North Koreans to be persistent and intransigent liars who will say anyth ing, but keep on building weapons of mass destruction. Trump, as a persiste nt liar, should be better placed than most to deal with this, if he wanted to, but he's more likely to be lying to the US public about what he has ach ieved than deluding himself about the triviality of the document he signed.

Kim is

e not.

ly is)

nce of

nd

ose

is

est

opinion.

te

cies

,

he

he

is name in large letters on the front.

What is wrong with you? Would you say the captain of the ship didn't sail around the world? "Strictly speaking he encouraged other people to sail th e ship around the world"!???

er rather than any kind of creator of actual product.

Hmmm, I wonder how he got started? Oh yeah, he actually coded something or other didn't he?

In the real world, what he is doing *is* creating. Any putz can design stu ff. Just look at JL!

I guess I don't build any electronics. I contract that out to assembly hou ses. Funny, it's my company's name on them. I guess I'm just good at bran ding.

Rick C.

Reply to
gnuarm.deletethisbit

te:

North

ar

tself into a better condition, but every previous attempt at this has shown the North Koreans to be persistent and intransigent liars who will say any thing, but keep on building weapons of mass destruction. Trump, as a persis tent liar, should be better placed than most to deal with this, if he wante d to, but he's more likely to be lying to the US public about what he has a chieved than deluding himself about the triviality of the document he signe d.

, Kim is

are not.

ably is)

hance of

and

whose

at is

onest

s opinion.

pite

ut in

he

nd

his

ad

his name in large letters on the front.

l around the world? "Strictly speaking he encouraged other people to sail the ship around the world"!???

If the captain of the ship stayed on the ship for the whole voyage, he'd ha ve sailed around the world.

Building something implies rather more than being there when it happened.

lder rather than any kind of creator of actual product.

or other didn't he?

Not exactly. His father, Fred Trump was born in 1905 in The Bronx. Fred sta rted working with his mother in real estate when he was 15, shortly after h is father's death. Their company, "E. Trump & Son", founded in 1923, was pr imarily active in the New York boroughs of Queens and Brooklyn. Fred eventu ally built and sold thousands of houses, barracks, and apartments. The comp any was later renamed The Trump Organization, after Donald Trump took charg e in 1971.

Not a lot of coding in that. That's cut and pasted from Wikipedia, so Trump 's lawyers will have made sure that it's inoffensive.

A brand image, as Naomi Klein points out. The actual buildings are incident al, and looked after by his staff, or his co-investors.

ouses. Funny, it's my company's name on them. I guess I'm just good at br anding.

Not very good. You haven't managed to get a TV program to advertise your na me. Hewlett and Packard did better (and didn't have to bother with the TV p rogram).

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to