OT: SMALL PDF Icons

I can't seem to locate SMALL PDF icons for my website that are the same height as text.

Scaling down large ones, they look like s..t ;-)

Pointers?

...Jim Thompson

Pretty easy to borrow small example ones from other websites (Digikey's are pretty small, 17 x 19 pixels). Right-click, Save Image as..

As to making such a symbol track the size of the text as the user adjusts it in whatever of the mainstream browsers they may be using... I don't know how to do that or if it's practical, but a web developer should be along any moment to give a definitive answer...

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

I settled on just using text (see my home page). I'll figure out buttons later ;-)

...Jim Thompson

I don't recall a small one from Adobe but some websites use a small colored button with the letters PDF that are close to the right size. A couple minutes in any graphics program should give you something you can use.

--
Beware of those who post from srvinet.com!

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Jim, I posted a tiny bitmap sample (278 bytes) on A.B.S.E

--
Beware of those who post from srvinet.com!

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I read in sci.electronics.design that Michael A. Terrell wrote (in ) about 'OT: SMALL PDF Icons', on Fri, 25 Feb 2005:

That one is non-copyright. It might be unwise to use the Adobe one, unless you also include the free reader. They could hardly complain about that!

John Woodgate

I use the regular Adobe Acrobat icon for a link to the free reader and plain clickable links for the actual *.PDF files on my websites.

--
Beware of those who post from srvinet.com!

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

What was wrong with leaving the name/number of each patent as the link like you originally had it?

Reply to
Carl D. Smith

Seems like the logical choice: elegant, simple, and guaranteed to be compatible with any browser. Can't beat that combination.

Reply to
Richard Crowley

I didn't like the way it looked... I know, picky, picky, picky ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Thanks, Michael! E-Mail it to me. Use the address on my website.

...Jim Thompson

Jim, please e-mail me. I have the page done for you, if you want it.

--
Beware of those who post from srvinet.com!

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I read in sci.electronics.design that Richard Crowley wrote (in ) about 'OT: SMALL PDF Icons', on Sat, 26 Feb 2005:

Except Greek, Chinese, Japanese, Korean .... (;-) You can't win.

John Woodgate

If they can't read english, the patents wouldn't make much sense would they, John?

BTW: Duck!

Was it your cousin who collected ducks? I have a 33 cent US postage stamp with Daffy duck if they would like to have it. it is the stamp and a larger image of him standing by his mailbox at "Acme Pond, USA" Its about 3 3/8" wide and 5 1/8" tall. I can scan a small color image and put it on my website for you to see if they want it. No charge, I'll mail it if you want it.

--
Beware of those who post from srvinet.com!

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I read in sci.electronics.design that Michael A. Terrell wrote (in ) about 'OT: SMALL PDF Icons', on Sat, 26 Feb 2005:

You DO have a long memory! Yes, my cousin Alison.

I'm sure she would be delighted with it. Do you have my street address: it's on my sadly-neglected web site?

John Woodgate

If you can't read "PDF", the patent document would be completely incomprehensible.

Reply to
Richard Crowley

I read in sci.electronics.design that Richard Crowley wrote (in ) about 'OT: SMALL PDF Icons', on Sun, 27 Feb 2005:

My point was that Adobe's PDF logo is language-independent.

John Woodgate