OT: Science Knowledge

I scored 100% on both quizzes...

...Jim Thompson

But the authors only scored 11 out of 12. Ten if you're a picky bastard.

In question 8, the thing that determines the loudness of a sound is amplitude or _pressure_ -- not height.

And in question 7, a double convex lens is only convergent if the index of refraction of the lens is higher than the surrounding medium. Put an air-filled lens in water, and you'll need a double-concave one to focus light (I want to try this one -- I'm going from theory, here. But I'm right).

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Except for the astrology question, women are consistently at least 10% more ignorant than men...makes sense.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Jim Thompson prodded the keyboard with:

Me too :-)

--
Best Regards:
                      Baron.

Tim Wescott prodded the keyboard with:

Aww... your just being pendantic :-)

--
Best Regards:
                      Baron.

Ok, So I got 12/12 too. Now where's the second quiz? ;)

Found it! 13/13 !.

Seems Post-Grads had a tough time with the first quiz. Peter principle?

Martin Riddle

Probably ;-)

The statistical write-up claimed 65+ did worse. My experience is recent grads can't keep up with me mathematically for one second. And they don't know shit about history, or the Constitution, or fundamental rights... they're propagandized to automaton level... and yet claim they're entitled... we see how entitled they are after the Great Civil War that's on its way >:-}

...Jim Thompson

Pretty sad.

Reply to
krw

Both tests measure the amount of knowledge you may have. More useful ( and much harder ) to measure how well you can think.

And I agree with Tim that some of the questions are open to interpretation. Maybe picking those is a better measure of thinking ( or pedantry ).

Scored 100%, for what its worth...

Adrian Jansen

Reply to
Adrian Jansen

The questions *were* multiple choice. There was no other answer for any of them that made sense, pedantry or not.

Reply to
krw

Maybe you should report the oncoming war to the same people you report un-American activities to?

--

Rick
Reply to

I scored 100% on both quizzes...

...Jim Thompson

| 1962 |

Jeez Jim, you and your family are awsome. Why don't you tell us about them some time ? (Modesty excluded).

Reply to
Rheilly Phoull

Jim reputation for modesty is only exceeded by his reputation for veracity

- what he says may be wrong, but he believes every word of it. Unlike krw h e does seem to have the capacity to imagine that he might be wrong, but he' s such a renaissance ignoramus that the distinction is almost academic.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to