OT: Relative virus size?

Back of the napkin calculation... virus to human vs. human to sun?

Reply to
Davej

The average adult human is roughly 15 million times bigger than Coronavirus 2. The sun is roughly 800 million times as big as an average adult human.

Reply to
Pimpom

Yup. 100 nm : 1 m : 10000 km.

So it's more like virus : man :: man : Earth.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Phil Hobbs wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@electrooptical.net:

Flu virus is 0.15 microns diameter.

Corona virus is 0.08 microns

Equivalent human diameter? I could not find that number.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Try WeightWatchers.com :)

Reply to
mpm

Look at the label in your jeans. ;)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

mpm wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Most humans make a ball smaller than 2m. 2m is HUGE, but 1m is not quite enough for most adults, so.. somewhere in there.

for 1m

A Covid19 is one 12 millionth the diameter of a 1m human.

I have severe Psoriasis (Psoriasis Vulgaris)and have wondered for years if my open wounds make me vulnerable to attack or perhaps less vulnerable because small ingress events generate good antibodies.

I am talking about a half square foot patch on each lower leg. Ranges from White thick crust to bleeding bare strips of oozing skin after a session of itch abatement.

Almost beat it once with an immune suppressor, but no way am I going to hamper my immune response to fight bad skin and have this retarded Trump Embraced Virus kill me.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Phil Hobbs wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@electrooptical.net:

No. A lot closer to what size a ball of water of your weight would be is the goal here. Nowhere close to a waistband size.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

A 1m diameter sphere of water has a mass of pi/6 metric tons, a bit over 1000 lbs. Your waist size is probably a bit smaller. ;)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
pcdhobbs

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

You tryin' to tell me that I fit inside two one foot cubes (with a bit left over) then?

Damn... water is heavy and we are foamy. I sure take up more space than that without being 'reduced'.

What was I thinking!?

How much does a 1m diameter ball of aerogel weigh? A bit less than 1.5 kg.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Sorry for trying to get the discussion ON topic, compare the virus size with the sizes of structures on silicon that can made with EUV lithography.

Reply to
upsidedown

snipped-for-privacy@downunder.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

A single covid19 virus 'cell' is 80 times bigger than the transistors on a 10 nm die.

Probably like comparing the worlds biggest ball of yarn with a baseball.

The IC chip would be like a football field filled with baseballs, and the ball of yarn out in the middle.

It would be like filling a sheet up with tiny needle tip sized dots and the virus would be like a grain of salt.

Ball industries, whom are the only makers of round IC chips, IIRC, could fit a few hundred 10nm transistors on a single covid 19 virus.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Wrong number. 10 nm would be a minimum feature size, usually considered to be defined by the channel length. The transistor is MUCH larger than this.

Again, check the actual dimensions of a transistor.

--

  Rick C.

  - Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Ricky C

Actually only a little, which is why people can drown in still water.

A 1-m sphere of air weighs about 630 grams at room temperature.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
http://hobbs-eo.com
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Ricky C wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

IC chips are defined by the number of 'transistor elements', meaning 'switches' and THAT 'feature' is not much bigger than a standard diode pair. Been that way since the 4004. The 'size' mentioned is the 'form factor' for chip fabs, but gets its name by the size of a junction transistor. Diode is two element single junction. Transistor is two junctions. Not much bigger at all, but definitely the defining element. Maybe it is not that way any more.

Regardless, one could place a shitload of an array on a single virus 'cell' at the 10nm node. A couple hundred at least.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

The space under my desk is about 700x700x600mm and I fit in there with no big problems (that's my earthquake drill done for this year). I'm a little shorter than average, and my doctor says I'm too short for my weight.

I think a 1M sphere is plenty big enough for most.

Body external surface area is about 2m^2 which is much less than the surface area of a 1m sphere. and when crouched folds conceal about half of that area,

--
  Jasen.
Reply to

Foamy, stringy, and bony, approximately neutrally boyant in waster. last time I checked i could sink by exhaling.

--
  Jasen.
Reply to

I'm not going to waste much time explaining this to you. With your track r ecord you will never back away from your mistake. But not only are you com pletely wrong about the size of a bipolar transistor, but you don't even ha ve the right kind of transistor.

The 4004 you cite and nearly ever complex device made since then were built using MOSFETs, not junction transistors. The power consumption of bipolar transistor is far, far too high to put so many transistors on a die.

Here are a few links about transistor density.

ome-valid-references

  Rick C.

  + Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Ricky C

Ricky C wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

That's rich. You won nothing. The way you repsond... you ARE NOTHING.

Have a nice life, f*****ad.