OT Possible aurora tonight

Not according to NOAA. Or am I missing something here?

Wanderer

Just had a possible aurora alert for lower latitudes. Time will tell:

Martin Brown

I paraphrase: "The 1859 Carrington event ... caused a black-out across the entire Canadien province of Quebec."

I didn't know solar storms also affected candles, oil and gas lamps. Never too old to learn... ;-)

Jeroen Belleman

Reply to
Jeroen Belleman

We will have to wait and see. I have 8/8 cloud cover so it is academic. The UK site I normally use is down at the moment - sensor probelms.

There have been a few quite good displays recently further north.

Reply to
Martin Brown