OT: Pew Current Events Quiz

Hillary Clinton is no angel, but she was US Foreign Secretary for a few years, and didn't make the kind of mistakes that Trump makes all too frequently.

Clinton might not have been the ideal choice, but Trump was a much worse one.

They can in the Netherlands, but most them have science degrees.

English language newspapers seem to see "science reporting" as one of the steps up the steep path up from social correspondent up to foreign correspondent.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Impressive. 10/10 and easy for me, but I live here.

Yep. Now they know I'm an uneducated young woman...

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

You might have to tune in again...it turns out all this 'Russia' stuff that started with a preposterous anti-Trump 'dossier' designed to make Trump look bad? The 'dossier' the Hillaryites purchased from a Brit spy and 'leaked' through U.S. intel services? That dossier?

Per Congressional hearings yesterday, turns out it was funded indirectly by the Russian gov't, laundered through opposition research contractor Fusion GPS.

And, "Fusion GPS, which was behind the discredited Trump-Russia dossier authored by ex-British spy Christopher Steele, also set up and participated in the now infamous meeting between Donald Trump Jr. and Russian lawyer Natalia Veselnitskaya, reports say."

IOW, the Hillaryites were using information supplied by Putin's government to try and beat Trump. Hillary was colluding.

Meanwhile, Nunes, head of the House Intelligence Committee, has discovered that Obama aides made hundreds of illegal 'unmasking' requests during the

2016 election, which allowed them comprehensive unlawful access to 'incidental' Patriot Act surveillance gathered on Trump, his team, and their political opposition.

There, that should bring you up to speed. :-)

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

Away foul temptress*, James I love ya, but... (remember I'm a liberal weenie) mostly for your electronics insights.

How about turning an ebay Rb atomic clock into a magnetometer?

George H.

*It's only been a week since I decided not to troll anymore news sites, It's a hard addiction to break. It should boost my productivity.
Reply to
George Herold

I got unemployment "as reported by the government" wrong because I pay more attention to reality.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

Lol! I'm also not American, many qs were nothing to do with us you're-a-peein's. I have so not been following the news the last few years. Grenfell is probably the only exception.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

ed

So in other words, Trump Inc. did nothing wrong, and Obama Inc. did everyth ing wrong.

Somehow I have trouble believing this. You right-wing extremists can claim all you want that all this Trump stuff in the news is media fabrication, b ut that's a ridiculous claim. It's pretty difficult to fabricate interview s and press conference clips, then have the participant "clarify" or build upon what they previously said.

When Fox News is losing viewers/listeners to Hannity and Limbaugh because F ox has become "too liberal", that's when you know Trump's base simply disli kes what the real news is.

Exhibit A:

hondgm

The giant lefty media (NYT, LAT, TIME, WashPost, AP, NPR, Sf Chron) is all Trump, all the time, every section, every page, with only occasional comic relief from The Russian Menace and Climate Change. The Trump stiff is all insults and snark. This is pitiful. And boring.

It's obvious that there is no hard evidence of Russian collusion with Trump. If it existed, it would have been leaked by now.

That said, Trump is behaving like an oaf. Maybe that's intentional, or maybe not.

I think I'll Dremel up a PC board and so some thermal experiments. What are you working on?

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

I doubt that "hondgm" can even handle a soldering iron. ...Jim Thompson

             I'm looking for work... see my website.

Thinking outside the box...producing elegant & economic solutions.

Yesterday I watched a movie I hadn't seen in 40 years. Only a few in the audience had seen it first time around, but they all knew the most famous "catchphrase", which has become iconic.

On first release, it seemed like an amusing caricature. Now it seems horrifyingly prescient, and a reflection of the tipping point between the world I (we) grew up in, and recent horrors.

The catchphrase was "I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore!", and the film was, of course, "Network".

I /really/ wasn't prepared to see how many echoes of the future it contained :(

Reply to
Tom Gardner

We're designing a VME module (6U eurocard) that will be paved over with 32 home-made SSRs. How we rate the currents will depend mostly on board cooling, and I don't know enough about that. Googling yields a lot of blather and no useful numbers... as usual.

I just designed and built this all by myself:

I'll put in into various VME crates and power it up and see how hot it gets. That's a 5x5 array of 10 ohm 1206 resistors.

I'm guessing that a watt per square inch should be fine in a crate with the usual fans. That gets us to 1 amp per relay.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Yeah, the world is going to hell. Horrors indeed.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

I didn't say /everything/ was more horrifying, and neither did the movie. But the trends sketched in the movie undoubtedly are revolting.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

You are free to be as neurotic and unhappy as you want to be. That is sort of popular lately.

I can quit designing electronics (which is fun) in about an hour, pick up my wife and have some beers (both fun) and think about dinner.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

That's like blaming an automaker for making large guzzling SUVs. They make them because people want to buy them. And the media reports on topics that gets viewers. That doesn't mean it's always made-up.

THANK YOU for finally saying this, although calling him an oaf is too nice. I prefer arrogant and narcissistic, because that's what he is. He was even like that before becoming this involved in politics.

Just threw together an alarm with an Arduino and Ethernet shield that is triggered by my security camera DVR over Ethernet.

Reply to
hondgm

Started soldering when I was probably about 6 y/o using my father's Weller soldering gun that would destroy anything ESD sensitive. Now using a Weller WES51 and Pace soldering station.

So yes I solder.

Reply to
hondgm

Wait, your proof for global warming being benign is that life expectancy and GDP has risen along with CO2 concentration? Oh brother....

Since this and the stock market is representative of human behavior, if I was in a stock that was on this sharp of an upward trend I'd be thinking about bailing real soon, as would any smart investor. Just saying....

Reply to
hondgm

I think the press is wearing out their audience with their endless carping. And the quality of "journalism" is scraping bottom.

Obama was arrogant and narcissistic, but the press fawned on him.

But personalities aren't what matters. We're not electing beauty queens.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

The personality of presidents (and other leaders) is /extremely/ important. Hairstyles and skin colour aren't important.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Perhaps, but many of the things that are being reported are worth being rep orted. For example, Trump denigrating Sessions in public and on Twitter ov er multiple days, Scaramucci using obscene language to describe other membe rs of the WH, the transgender ban despite practically nobody else supportin g it, the ACA repeal legislation, etc. These aren't insignificant news ite ms.

Personalities do matter! Especially in politics, and especially when dealin g with others. Maybe a good doctor could more easily get by with a bad per sonality.

Reply to
hondgm