Wireless events (AP out of range, etc.)

Hello,

I wonder if anybody knows what is the easiest way for an application program to receive notice of certain fairly basic WLAN-related events, such as when an access point goes out of range, association changes, connections/disconnections, etc.

Basically the same stuff that you can (or *should* be able to) see through the iwevent(8) command line tool.

I've found mention of rtnetlink, IFLA_WIRELESS and such things but it sounds quite complicated.

--
Linards Ticmanis
Reply to