OT: People Proclaim the Right to Spread the Virus, but We Don't Have a Right to TikTok (2023 Update)

They were from Fitbits, Strava and similar wrist worn fitness apps.

ISTR it was Afghanistan and Iraq that was most problematic.

Regards,
Martin Brown
Reply to
Martin Brown

OK, China controls 60% of ByteDance (40% by capital funds). ByteDance controls 80% of TikTok.

With proposed deal, Oracle controls the data, but China controls the engineers building API to the data.

Will someone monitor the API access?

Reply to
Ed Lee

This is America! I have the freedom to TikTok if I want to. You can't tell me what to do!!!

Hands off my TikTok!!!

--

  Rick C.

  --+ Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
  --+ Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209
Reply to
Ricketty C

You forget that your US is not the world. China has more markets than the US.

Reply to
Reinhardt Behm

You fail to detect sarcasm. The comment about South Bend is referring to the US manufacturing base that has been in decline for many decades even without competition from the Chinese.

--

  Rick C.

  -+- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
  -+- Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209
Reply to
Ricketty C

Didn't tik-tok users email-flood a rally or two?

Don't attract der Trump's attention when he's in a 'mood', or he'll bankrupt your lemonade stand, no matter what it takes.

RL

Reply to
legg