OT: PADS questions

Just installed the 9.0 PADS suite from Mentor, I'm using it as a viewer to look at a contractor's pcb work.

I'm having a hard time with two simple things:

1) I can't for the life of me figure out how to turn on the rat's nests. I think they're called unroutes in the PADS world. The designer somehow turned them all off and I've tried in vain to get them to show again. How do you do this? There's a net visibilty window and the settings here seem to affect nothing. It doesn't seem to be a color issue either.

2) Reporting and selecting things on-screen seem weak in PADS. I'm more of an Allegro guy. In Allegro I can select a bunch of things and generate a report on all the items. PADS seems to be able to handle only one item at a time in its properties dialog. This can not be real...

Suppose I select 24 items on the screen with the nets filter, how can I generate a text file with all the relevant info for the 24 nets?

TIA

Reply to
a7yvm109gf5d1

I'm using an older version, but I select Setup/DisplayColors, pick a color, and apply it to "connections."

John

Didn't work. I guess today I find out how to do it... The PCB dude's in China. He works well but I don't like not being able to see the rat's nest. It's aggravating that such a simple, basic function can be so hard to figure out. Can't wait to get back on Allegro.... grumble...

Reply to
a7yvm109gf5d1

We dropped PADS support at v5, just before Mentor bought it and broke it.

John