OT: out-of-control law enforcement attempts to murder mentally ill driver

Your tax dollars at work:

Thank heavens these brave defenders of freedom have apprehended this dangerous criminal.

Reply to
bitrex

115 Law Enforcement Officers Killed by Mentally Ill
Fred Bloggs

I thought they'd be looking back 10 years to get that figure but I wasn't expecting the better part of 50, lol. Where in the "unbiased information" do they mention this makes the schizophrenic one of the least dangerous demographics out there?

Anyway, I've noticed a tendency for white American males to become gay for police as they get older. At some point I guess one is forced to confront the fact that there are just objectively better men out there and you were born to serve them.

Reply to
bitrex

Easy for you to say when you don't have to deal with them.

You should expand upon that thesis and submit it to one the academic journals treating the subject matter.

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

Fair point, I prefer observing mental illness at a distance like e.g. frequenting sci.electronics design.

Guns are cheap and common, even the mentally ill have them sometimes as the Founding Fathers indented. But by the statistics a police officer is probably about as likely to be shot by a 19 year old girl as they are a schizophrenic. I don't much like dealing with pissed-off 19 year old girls, either, I had my fill of it when I was 19.

Reply to
bitrex

"intended", thank you auto-correct

Reply to
bitrex

Violence is a feature not a bug of law enforcement. As humans we always make some mistakes. I'd be for more money for police training, Jocko Willink thinks police should train ~20% of the time.

This is going to sound weird to you, but I think the real problem is a lack of racists and bullies.

Else why is Portland the epicenter of 'race'/'equal justice' riots?

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

??? Yes there is a reason for it, Oregon has been a white nationalist stronghold for decades, the better part of two centuries. It's a big part of why the settlers of Oregon founded Oregon, y'know!

Reply to
bitrex

A lack of racists in Oregon! Holeee shit dude, it's like saying there's a lack of racists in South Boston.

Reply to
bitrex

Wow, pre-civil war. You know we had black slaves back then too! Have you ever been to Portland? I was there ~10 years ago, quite a 'hipster' vibe. Lotsa dudes on skate boards.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Well you are making my case, there is a lack now, so every little 'micro aggression' is amplified. Or you have to dig ~ 40 years into the past.

Note: I'm not saying there are no more racists*, just fewer.

George H.

*heck there's a confederate battle flags flying on my road.
Reply to
George Herold