Re: Find Out How the Neocons Staged a Terror Attack That Killed Thousands of Americans on 9/11

I agree completely. Baseball bats issued to all airplane passengers would certainly stop almost all future hijackings.

Mike Eberle> Al Porter wrote:

> [...]
Reply to
mikee

Would also put an end to children kicking the back of your seat.

Reply to
OrangeSFO

Reply to
mikee

Pre-flight announcement:

First, good morning and thank you for choosing Delta Airlines.

Ladies and gentlemen, you may notice some unfamiliar items mounted on the seat back in front of you -- or on the bulkheads for those of you in first-row seats. These range from aluminum baseball bats to replica battle axes. There are also several varieties of knives and tomahawks. Broadswords, and lances are mounted on the ceiling above the aisle.

These items are for your use in the unlikely event of an attempt to hijack the plane. We are, of course aware the weapons are also accessible to a hijacker. We are assuming most if not all of you wish to deplane at your destination airport rather than chance a landing in some skyscraper or some farmer's fields. We believe just the sheer weight of your numbers should quickly overwhelm any hijacker or group of hijackers.

We felt such items might be far more useful and perhaps entertaining than those stupid in-flight magazines.

Thank you for your attention. We shall be taking off momentarily.

Oh, I forgot to mention: All passengers who assist in neutralizing any hijacking attempt will receive a Delta Airlines Delta Dollars card for $500. These cards can be used the same as cash for tickets on any Delta domestic flight.

Delta will also pay for dry cleaning and stain removal for your clothing if necessary.

Enjoy the flight. Attendants will come around shortly to offer drinks and snacks. And again, thank you for flying Delta.

Reply to
John Husvar

Haha! Jeez, I love yooper humor.

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

You don't club the kid - you club the seat back of its custodian.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Richard The Dreaded Libertaria

I'm confused. How does this relate to metalworking?

Reply to
Stuart & Kathryn Fields

YES!!!!!

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

Where is it stated that SPAM has to be related to anything.

SPAM is any loco idea that is off topic.

Why should your group be any better off that ours (S.E.D).

Just ignore it.

donald

Reply to
Donald

The towers had metal in them. I'm sure there was electronics in there too.

Reply to
MooseFET

You have to make your own baseball bat from a 6061 billet.(metalworking content)

You must use a CNC lathe or at least one equipped with DRO to do it. (electronics content)

It has some elements of risk. (gambling content)

uk.d-i-y is self explanatory. (British do d-i-y)

But, seriously folks, sorry for continuing the crossposting. Should have trimmed the newsgroups line. Mea culpa.

Reply to
John Husvar

Aluminum baseball bats are metal.

James F. Mayer President J F M Electronic Systems, Inc. Surge Protection for Access Control E-Mail snipped-for-privacy@ix.netcom.com Web Page

EarthLink Revolves Around You.

Reply to
jfma

Oh, heavens to betsy, you've gone and prolonged the thread! ;-D

I know what rugby _is_, its's sort of a Brit version of real football, where there are few or no rules, and they don't wear helmets or anything.

I guess the Brits like to show off how tough they are. ;-)

But, "The Septics"? Doesn't "septic" mean "infected"?

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Because you are a load of wusses

Septic tank - Yank

...As every expat knows

--
geoff
Reply to

The lack of helmets probably explains a lot of unfortunate things we rarely discuss. d8-)

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

..