OT: Other aspects of health

During the last 7 weeks I lost 11 lbs, I have much more energy and I'm walking 5 miles daily. I recently had blood tests. My previous blood tests were on 6/19. All test were while on a cholesterol med.

My Total Cholesterol dropped from 195 to 109. My Triglycerides dropped from 397 to 82. My LDL dropped from 106 to 54. My HDL rose from 36 to 39.

I went on a Keto Diet 7 weeks ago, low Carbs and high Fat, medium Protein. I shot for 20 grams of protein, but was generally under 30 grams. The blood test results were what I had read would happen, but I was curious if it would happen for me! It did, big time. About 50% of people find their LDL goes up, but then you need to have an LDL particle count, because often the size gets larger with lower count and this has less danger. It has been easy as I haven't had any hunger, I did do a 46 hr fast without hunger pains. I think that is easier if your body is using ketones instead of glucose. I did buy a Keto-Mojo meter to monitor my Ketones and glucose. Just food for thought if you need to change your lipid numbers.

Mikek

Reply to
amdx