OT: Oil Leak Solution?

Yes. It was sickening.

It doesn't look too good for Transocean, having ignored faulty equipment and having continued operations with a compromised blowout preventer.

It'll be interesting to get BP's version of the story. Right now, it doesn't look too good for them, having forced Transocean to violate their well-sealing protocol.

Just what does an executive have to do in order to see the inside of a jail cell? Clearly, killing 11 men and injuring 17 others and causing an environmental catastrophe isn't sufficient reason.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Great. So in addition to an uncontrolled oil spill you also spray the entire area downwind with a nice dose of very fine high activity radioactive fission products plus sodium and other neutron capture fallout. That sounds like the sort of crazy thing only the Russians would contemplate. Water bursts tend to create extremely fine particle that go a very long way (the Icelandic volcano demonstrates this problem).

Ground bursts and underwater bursts of nuclear weapons are very messy

- particulary so where clay or seawater is involved.

They would probably be on a slightly better wicket dropping large shaped lead bricks or stainless steel umbrella type devices into the gaping hole intended to expand in the flow and clog up the pipe.

You have to wonder how and why Transocean were operating a rig with an apparently multiply defective "fail safe" blowout preventer. The whole purpose behind "fail safe" designs is that a single point failure cannot disable them! That BP allowed cowboys like Transocean and Haliburton to work for them was their mistake. It is unclear to me why apart from it being US law why they should be held responsible if their contractors were grossly negligent.

If BP gave an instruction to keep pumping oil whilst knowing that crucial safety systems were inoperable then they should be held to account, but otherwise I think the drilling company operating the rig is at fault.

Regards, Martin Brown

Reply to
Martin Brown

Actually, I was replying to someone else, the OP I think?, who mentioned using atomic munitions to do the job. I never advocated the use of explosives, and in fact, questioned their efficacy in two follow-on posts. Again, efficacy is proably a big word for you. We'll wait while you look it up.

Be sure to let us know when those A-D-D meds kick in. It's embarrassing just how consistently wrong you are!

By the way, fucktard is not a real word.

Reply to
mpm

I subscribe to the notion of contributory negligence. Anybody who had a hand in the accident should be made to pay.

This would include politicans, and officials at agencies who are supposed to uphold our laws, and protect the American way of life.

-mpm

Reply to
mpm

You have to be a total retard to re-quote what is already there.

Reply to
UltimatePatriot

Do your little pussy boy hunt in google, and find that *I* posted using that word less than a month ago, and have used it several times in the last several months.

Not that any hunting skill a total retard like you would be sufficient enough to be considered efficacious.

I probably was aware of the word before your retarded, pussy boy ass was even born.

Your little spew is pretty funny, however, considering that most of your horseshit is actually reflective of you.

Reply to
UltimatePatriot

ng

as

Trust me, the last thing I would want to do with my spare time is search your prior posts. Or, correct your misinformation.

Somehow you have equated drill-baby-drill with a particular hole in the Gulf on Mexico. I never did that. You did. And now you want to argue with me about it. You are crazy.

Reply to
mpm

conversation a

instances

leaker.

best

appears

future) to

response

quoted text -

Oh come on, we export food, lots of it. And cupidity.

Reply to
JosephKK

the

appears

tremendous

response

Make

waking=20

is.=20

slap=20

Not only that, it will drive up the price of their "precious public transportation".

Reply to
JosephKK

and you are not a human. You are a sub-human total retard.

Or, commonly known as a fucktard.

You are not "mearly" a fucktard, you are a complete and utter slug for brains dipshit.

The word, by the way, dumbfuck, is "merely".

So next time you wish to bang someone on a word, you should probably try to get yours right.

Bwuahahahahahahahahahah!

Reply to
UltimatePatriot

ry

And "subhuman" is not hyphenated.

We could play these games all day. Your facts are still wrong, and you still leap to conclusions that are unsupported by them.

Reply to
mpm

Grow the f*ck up, you little retarded sub-human shitball.

Your mother should be jailed for failing to flush you right after she shat you.

Reply to
UltimatePatriot

They will split it. The people will pay one price, and the gov factions will get mandated discounted prices. Mark my words.

No matter what, we are already in the spiral, and the window of opportunity to repair the error (by Nixon) closed way back at the end of the seventies.

We are headed for civil war and they know it. You will never get those stats fed to you. They have been hiding the numbers from us for decades.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

Really? That's odd.

Link:

Link:
Link:
Link:
Link:

mpm

You feel the need to write "Link:" in front of your stupidity?

How lame you are or the client you are using is.

Here, Millard, asshole:

It would appear that you are clueless as to when or how a hyphen gets used. Just because it exists as an un-hyphenated word doesn't mean that using it in a hyphenated form is incorrect, you retarded pussy.

Reply to
UltimatePatriot

OK, you win. Guess I was wrong afterall.

Reply to
mpm

Yet another incomplete AND incorrect attempt at making a complete sentence. "afterall" is not even a word. Not even in slang usage.

Come back and show more of how utterly retarded you are, Millard.

Reply to
UltimatePatriot

ets

that