OT: N87V down--a request for help at Christmas

Hi, guys, if any of you have a bit of spare time, the interest, and a good internet connection, and don't mind using Google Earth, here is something that would be useful.

As we get together with our families, there are few families who are not having a joyful holiday.

The company Terraquest is a strategic partner of a company I am currently working with. On Nov 1, they lost a contracted King Air survey aircraft in the jungles of Guyana, which, to date, has not been found. On board were two pilots from the contract company, and Patrick Murphy, a young flight technician from Terraquest.

Here is what can be done:

----

I would like to inform you that InternetSAR.org have launched a new InternetSAR.org search mission for the King Air that had the three boys on board that went down in the jungle of Guyana near the Brazilian border on Nov 1, 2008. The crew consisted of two American pilots (Wesley Barker and Chris Paris) and one Canadian technician (Patrick Murphy). They were on a survey mission for the mining company U308.

The imagery they are working with was taken by Urban Robotics shortly after the plane was reported missing. This is the largest batch of imagery they have ever worked with and could consist of upwards of a million image tiles. It is also some of the best quality imagery they have seen to date. The challenge is that the search area is also a dense jungle with 150' tall trees.

Please if you have time to dedicate to this search mission join our effort to find this crew and their plane. The search is important but we also need all the eyes we can get as the sheer quantity of imagery is enormous. Feel free to SHARE this invitation with anyone you feel would be interested in assisting.

Every image tile is issued out to multiple sets of eyes. If you think you have good eyes, the ability to learn and a reasonable sense of logic, please participate. You will learn fast enough and our report evaluators do provide feedback to reports to help folks learn what it is they are looking at.

You can participate in this search mission by logging in to their main site at

where you can register yourselves (in both the main page and in the forums, where you can also learn more about this search mission, including a mission briefing, and participate in forum discussions for this search) and follow the tutorials you find along the left hand side of the screen.

Thank you for any time, effort and/or assistance you can provide in helping us.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

-- "it's the network..." "The Journey is the reward" snipped-for-privacy@interlog.com Info for manufacturers:

Embedded software/hardware/analog Info for designers:

Spehro Pefhany