OT: LTO backup tape

Hey, anyone here use the LTO tape/drives for backups?

I am looking for a replacement for my DAT72 drive and The LTO seems to fit the bill. How is the tape loading mechanism? The tape un-spools into the drive, which has me a little worried.

Its either LTO or a DAT72 autoloader.

Thanks!!

Reply to
Martin Riddle

Tape is expensive and the drives are expensive; use a hard drive the same size as the master via a removeable HD kit and make a COPY via Ghost or similar software. That way,when the master HD goes bad, it takes only a few minutes to replace it and be back up and running.

Reply to
Robert Baer