OT: In the Interests of Good Relations....

Those of us to the right of centre of politics are aware that there are an ever increasing number of people out there who are easily offended or frightened by hearing someone else's opinion. Some of their reactions can be quite extreme, so I thought I'd suggest a way forward so we can all live in peace together. If all those allodoxaphobia sufferers would kindly display this patch on their clothing in a prominent position, the rest of us will be able to avoid them far more easily, and peaceful relations will be maintained.

Let's see if we can get a bandwagon going here and make this idea go viral.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

This is perhaps a more telling statement

The Natural Philosopher

Unnecessary.

Anyone who doesn't look old or blue-collar is of this kind.

We finally see the reason for the 50% of school-leavers going to higher 'education'. It wasn't just international willy-waving, as I had thought, after all. Which institutions were the first to fall to the Long March?

Reply to
Joe

Irrelevant to western europe which did that shit hundreds of years ago no.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Ah but this discriminates against the blind. We want a tactile version. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Why TF did you cross contaminate with uk.d-i-y & uk.legal?? Your silly blabberings are bad enough without inviting other sillies into SED's traditionally on-topic space. Did you need a gang of rowdies to back you up?

Reply to
BobEngelhardt

"We"?? Who is this "we" of whom you speak? I don't recall anyone appointing *you* as Usenet spokesman, Bill. I think you're just still sore after I unmasked you as a bare-faced liar in this post:

snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com

I'm keepin that message ID and will repost it every time you accuse me of any kind of dishonesty, so that readers will be able to determine which of us is the true enemy of Truth. No offence. ;->

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

I'm not aware that any single one can be identified as having fallen first, Joe. However, if I were one of the plotters involved in rolling out this agenda, I'd have to put the media in my sights first and foremost, for obvious reasons. Am I right?

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Did you try hard to become an obnoxious gammon halfwit, or did it come naturally?

Reply to
Fakir Neejit

I was suggesting the universities, from which the media people are drawn. There were Soviet spies in universities in the Fifties. I think the student unions were the first to ban controversial speakers. Friedrich Hayek was a faculty member of the LSE, something which I doubt could happen now.

It's difficult to tell about changes in the media, as I have also been getting older, and if not wiser, then at least less trusting. I'm not sure if I would have been as aware of the lying and lying by omission if it was happening twenty or thirty years ago. Certainly newspapers have always been highly partisan, but I feel more of the news was available then by reading two or three different papers than now. Certainly there was no government narrative that all media felt compelled to promote.

Reply to
Joe

It took - first and foremost - Commitment. Without that, you have no chance. Then comes self-discipline, application and determination. With a little application and determination, virtually anyone can attain Gammondom.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

That wasn't an insult for the simple reason that it's impossible to insult Doom.

Reply to
Fakit Neejit

You left out crudity and nastiness.

Reply to
Fakit Neejit

There you go again, deploying your well used attack line of claiming that people you don't approve of can't design electronics.

For what it's worth, I've been designing electronics and embedded software since 1972. But unlike you I don't feel the need to constantly post stuff on SED just to show how clever I am. So no, I won't rise to your bait and post anything.

You display depressing levels of arrogance, ignorance and narcissism and have been doing so for many years. I can understand why you leap to the defence of Doom, a well known conspiracy theorist and troll. You display similar characteristics.

My exchanges with Doom are none of your business and you should keep your comments to yourself.

Now f*ck off.

Reply to
Fakir Neejit

I didn't expect that you would post anything on-topic.

I'm not trying to look clever; I'm autistic enough to not care much what other people think. I just like to talk about electronics. And I sort of design in public.

Why have an electronics design discussion group where nobody posts about electronic design? But just post insults?

Reply to
john larkin

In case you hadn't noticed, this entire thread is off topic and bugger all to do with electronics.

Then why did you cross-post to an off-topic thread?

It was your choice to cross-post to other groups including uk.d-i-y (the group I posted to) with your irrelevant point about designing electronics.

I've already explained about your misplaced use of the word insult.

You were politely invited to f*ck off. Now do as you were told.

Reply to
Fakir Neejit
<snip>

Except you've never made an-topic contribution to uk.d-i-y either.

The very definition of a troll.

Reply to
Fredxx

Do try to look a bit less silly.

People who post off topic rubbish, this thread for example, should expect responses from literally anyone.

No irrelevant rite of passage to contribute required.

Reply to
Fakir Neejit

Not just you, I see all the book banning and the fear of Taylor Swift. it is exactly as you describe.

Usually you can tell by the red caps they wear.

If you feel triggered you may wish to use one of theises unicode symbols in your signature or from header: ❄️ ❅ ❆

Reply to
Jasen Betts