OT: Garbage on new USB Flash Drive

There isn't any, really. 'ext', 'ext2', 'ext3', and 'reiser' are common; any kind of FAT partition is mountable. (FAT16, FAT32, FAT32 LBA, and something called VFAT; I don't know the difference with VFAT.

And Linux can itself be installed on a FAT partition and work just fine; This is probably another thing newbies don't like - Decisions, Decisions! ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

When windows

I meant to say Internet Explorer.

Reply to
Tam

Consider VFAT as virtual FAT or versatile FAT. Reads / writes all of the previous, very portable.

Ext is almost extinct, ext2 is very portable, i have used utilities to read / write from M$ OS's.

ext3 is next most portable with similar / the same utilities doing the job is M$ OS's.

Other than that you are beyond my sure knowledge.

Reply to
JosephKK

M$ is not dead. Many billions of dollars has a LOT of inertia. Just the same, M$ pushed very hard to promote Vista and has met ever increasing resistance from large businesses, and individual users. Can you say major market flop. That is going to really hurt.

Reply to
JosephKK